[FFmpeg-devel] some question about cook decoder

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka
Mon Jul 23 08:27:54 CEST 2007

On Monday 23 July 2007 06:07, George Tung wrote:

> Recently,I arrempted transplant the MPlayer to the ARM platform.
> After Compiled.I can use the player to broadcast mp3 on the ARM  platform.
> But cannot broadcast real audio.It seems that the cook decoder cannot work
> in ARM platform.
>
> Here's the console information:

<snip>

> I have insert a break point in avcodec_decode_audio().the Application just
> implement once. In normal condition.This function should be circulates the
> execution. so I confuse very much this.
>
> All in the Maillist group is expert.could you help me.
> Any help is very appreciated!

Generally if you have troubles running something on ARM, ensure that
there are no alignment problems first. You can read the following
wiki page for the details: http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/Alignment

So you can run 'echo 3 > /proc/cpu/alignment' as root, start the program you
want to debug and check if it works better (but any misaligned memory access
will be very slow). Checking 'dmesg' log will reveal the addresses where you
had misaligned memory reads or writes.