[FFmpeg-devel] lame buffer shortage

Gabriel Bouvigne bouvigne
Tue Jul 24 00:03:46 CEST 2007

Michael Niedermayer a ?crit :
> yes, you speak about the case where future input is needed to encode the
> next packet, this though has nothing to do with needing more output
> space

> lame does not do proper bitstream formating, it should just output
> one packet at a time ...
> every project which uses lame and which ive looked at the source has to
> parse, break appart and reassemble what lame outputs

Do you mean that you would prefer to have lame_encode_buffer returning
either 0 or 1 frame, but not more at once? In this case you would
retrieve potential further frame by providing 0 samples to
lame_encode_buffer, until it do not return any more output frames?

That would make sense, IMO.

(actually I do not remember anyone complaining to us about the current
behaviour)

Bye,

--
Gabriel Bouvigne