[FFmpeg-devel] Notice: sdp.c depends on rtp.c

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Jul 30 18:00:29 CEST 2007

Hi Diego,

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 11:27 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
[...]
> > rtp.c, however rtp.c currently is excluded compiling in MinGW, so MinGW user
> > will get unresovled link error
>
> Luca (Abeni), what is sdp.c good for, why is it compiled
> unconditionally?  The only non-static function it contains is not
> used anywhere...
Sorry, in the hurry of replying to the previous email I forgot to answer
this question...

rtp_get_payload_type() is an exported function that can be used by
programs using libav* libraries to generate SDPs describing RTP
sessions.

It is currently not used in ffmpeg, but I have patches for using it in
ffmpeg.c and ffserver.c (I will submit them next week, when I'll be
definitively back from vacation).

Since rtp_get_payload_type() is an exported function (and its prototype
is in the public avformat.h header), I had the impression that
unconditionally compiling sdp.o was correct. If I misunderstood
something, I apologize and I'll fix things in the proper way - my
current proposal is described in the previous email.

			Thanks,
				Luca