[FFmpeg-devel] *$350* to fix FLV seek/cut bug

Cyrus A lists
Mon Jul 30 20:15:32 CEST 2007

Piero Bugoni wrote:
> --- Ramiro Polla <ramiro at lisha.ufsc.br> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Piero Bugoni <ffmpeg.devel <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>>
>>  > > I just got a private submission patch that
>> seems to
>>  > > work on the first
>>  > > test. If the patch creator says its ok to put
>> the
>>  > > patch here, and I have
>>  > > tested it out thoroughly and found it to be
>> sound,
>>  > > I'll post it here.
>>  > >
>>  >
>>  > Did this ever get resolved?
>>  >
>>  > I suspect it must have, since I have heard no
>> more
>>  > about it.
>>  >
>>  > Did the private patch work?
>>  >
>>  > I suspect it did.
>>  >
>>  > Any possibility you could share?
>>  >
>>  > If not, why? If something is broken in ffmpeg, do
>> us
>>  > all a favor, and help fix it.
>>  >
>>  > It is the "Open-Source" thing to do...
>>
>> I've also sent him a patch but got no answer. I
>> forgot to send it to the list
>> and have been away from home for about a week, and
>> I'll be away for another
>> week. I can't send a patch, since I only have access
>> to "usable", and not
>> "abusable", computers, so there's no Linux and I
>> can't install MinGW.
>>
>> Anyways, here's the description of the diff:
>> Change ffmpeg.c:1523-1526 to
>> codec->time_base.den = ist->st->r_frame_rate.num;
>> codec->time_base.num = ist->st->r_frame_rate.den;
>>
>> The problem happens with any stream copying. It was
>> just very noticeable in FLV
>> since it used 1/1000 as time base.
>>
>> It seemed to work fine on all tests I did. I wasn't
>> very thorough though.
>>

> Thanks, Ramiro.
>
> I'll try it on Linux.
>
> P.

Here's the patch. I actually tried and installed a rougher, slightly
less-cleaned-up version than this one... so I can't directly vouch for
this version... but the one I installed worked perfectly and I believe
the author knew exactly what he was doing. Thus, I'd assume this patch
is the same in function, just with fewer debugging lines and what-not.

Enjoy.

Cyrus