[FFmpeg-devel] Adding an SDP generator to libavformat

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Jun 1 02:07:43 CEST 2007

Hi Luca,

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 15:40 +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Luca Abeni wrote:
> > generation function which accepts an AVFormatContext as an input would
> > not flexible enough...
>
> From my experience those standards are overflexible and you live quite
> well by restricting it to your working situation.
>
> beside multicast I find quite difficult finding a situation in which
> ffmpeg generates an sdp for something that isn't produced on the same
> host and you can easily parse/adapt the sdp on the front-end if you have
>  a distributed setup.
Well, I was thinking more about the possibility to stream the video on a
multicast group, and the audio on a different multicast group...
When writing support for generating SDPs, I think that supporting this
possibility can be useful (and I do not see how to do it using an
AVFormatContext to describe the SDP).

			Thanks,
				Luca