[FFmpeg-devel] mailing list for new issues (Was: roundup bugtracker)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jun 1 22:45:23 CEST 2007

Hi

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 09:49:54PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >
> > id like to habe a mailinglist (whatever its name will be) which contains
> > all changes to all issues so i can simply subscribe and know about every
> > change and can simply reply by email ...
>
> Ok
>

> > we can have a second mailinglist which would contain only new issues
> > if you like
>
> Ok
>

> > one way this could be implemented is to use the ffmpeg_issues thing as
> > address for both lists and as reply to address for all mails and then
> > put one of the lists on the nosy list by default and the other could
> > be feeded by that thing which just forwards new issues ...
>
> Should be feasible, ideas on the names of the mail accounts?

not really ffmpeg_issues is taken (ffmpeg_issues and ffmpeg_newissues
would have been my idea ...)
ffmpeg_tracker and ffmpeg_newtracker doesnt sound that good

> Where to
> put them?

hmm, ive no strong oppinion here, except that if they are on mphq then
id like either you or me to be the ML owner/admin of the 2 lists (yes
i volunteer)

When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and
there is nothing more to fear from them, then he is always stirring up
some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader. -- Plato