[FFmpeg-devel] PATCH grab.c, adding support for hardware based VIDIOSFPS

Benoit Fouet benoit.fouet
Mon Jun 4 17:29:44 CEST 2007

mmh wrote:
> Benoit Fouet writes:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > mmh wrote:
>
> I don't think we need to change my original patch.
>
> the drivers default behavior is to return an error ie negative value
> if its not supported in the switch (cmd) { case blah1: .... in the video 4
> linux stack.

this is wrong.
from my videodev2.h:
#define VIDIOC_S_RDS            _IOWR ('V', BASE_VIDIOC_PRIVATE+11,
struct v4l2_radio_rds_set)

i can (if i want) change the BASE_VIDIOC_PRIVATE+11 by
BASE_VIDIOC_PRIVATE+20
this ioctl will be defined, but will not do what you want...

moreover, it can just return without any error, and lead you to believe
that framerate is accepted by the camera, even though this is not true...

Ben
--
Purple Labs S.A.
www.purplelabs.com