[FFmpeg-devel] pre discussion around Blackfin dct_quantize_bfin routine

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Jun 12 16:07:36 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 09:27:22AM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
[...]
> O really, I have never seen such a problem interesting.  Anyways I'm
> sure it exists, however this is for a specific machine which I know
> this works for.  Based on that fact what are your thought, or do you
> have a suggestion other than the wasteful use of electrons:  hi<<32ll
> | lo?

Have you tested the code this generates? Because at least for the Atmel
8 bit stuff gcc optimizes this perfectly, so no need to avoid it.

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger