[FFmpeg-devel] Realmedia RTSP (RDT) support

Benjamin Larsson banan
Wed Jun 13 13:16:39 CEST 2007

Ronald S. Bultje skrev:
> Hi Benjamin,
>
> [...]
> rmdec.c does that, I exported that code along with the packet parsing
> function, so that should be OK (at least in theory :-) ). I can see that it
> reshuffles the bytes, is there a way for me to check that it does so
> correctly?

Dump a stream from a real server with mplayer -dumpstream. Then run
ffmpeg -i file -f image2 -acodec copy. This will dump all the frames
passed to the decoder to files. Then do the same but on the rtsp server.
Then you should see if the decoder gets the same data from file compared
to the rtsp server.

> Thanks,
> Ronald

MvH