[FFmpeg-devel] remove int readers

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Jun 14 10:52:12 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 09:11:10AM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Did you by any chance study computer science in university with some fool
> of a professor brainwashing you with the &buf[2] construct being "safer"
> crap until you finally cracked and started believing it?

Uh, no. Programming is not really taught here in computer science, that
is assumed you either can do or learn yourself.
Though I did start programming with Pascal.
I think I somehow like that I can decide more quickly if it's a single
value or an array pointer with the &[] syntax, it also makes the meaning
more obvious IMO in some (rare?) case e.g. a completely unrealistic example:
if (buf[n]) p = &buf[n];
vs.
if (buf[n]) p = buf + n;

It's just a very slight preference though, as can probably easily be
seen by looking at my code...

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger