[FFmpeg-devel] discussion around the best way to patch the swscale for Blackfin

Marc Hoffman mmhoffm
Thu Jun 14 21:00:44 CEST 2007

On 6/14/07, Reimar Doeffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 01:45:11PM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
> > Or do you think we/I should just call my function
> > ff_bfin_get_unscaled_swscale(c) and have it modify c->swScale directly,
> > kind of liked the fact that you can see the function modifies c->swScale
> at
> > this level of the code.
>
> I don't know, but at least about this approach I don't like that it
> doesn't allow to use special bfin converters only for some colourspaces.
> There are of course other ways to fix it, like calling
> ff_bfin_get_unscaled_swscale first and then do the default stuff only
> when swScale is still NULL, or checking the return value and only
> setting swScale when it is != NULL etc...

This is I think what I was thinking Reimar, in that the
ff_bfin_get_unscaled_swscale gets called and it might overide the behavior
and if it doesn't then it just falls out and returns to execute:

         if (c->swScale){
             if (flags&SWS_PRINT_INFO)
                 av_log(c, AV_LOG_INFO, "SwScaler: using unscaled %s -> %s
special converter\n",

which would if c->swScale is set would exit out with a blackfin converter.
I must be missing something because this is obvious.

What do you mean "doesn't allow to use special bfin converters only for some
colourspaces"?

Thanks
Marc