[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg "developers conference"

Jindrich Makovicka makovick
Sun Jun 17 23:21:51 CEST 2007

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:27:43 -0400
"Ronald S. Bultje" <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 6/17/07, Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
> >
> > it's quite hard to get visa to the US, at least for
> > east-europeans...
>

> This is pure FUD. Tourists don't need visa, only people intending to
> work (for money) or those staying for over 1 months [1]. Also,
> terrorists, convicted criminals and people from the nazi regime are
> inelligeble. I don't think any of this applies to a ffmpeg dev
> visiting a conference.

No, at least here in Czech Republic, we need visa in any case. It is
usually not difficult to get one for a person with employment and
no criminal records, but doing the paperwork is pain in the *ss and it
also costs a few bucks.

Regards,
--
Jindrich Makovicka