[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg "developers conference"

Måns Rullgård mans
Sun Jun 17 23:29:27 CEST 2007

Jindrich Makovicka <makovick at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:27:43 -0400
> "Ronald S. Bultje" <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 6/17/07, Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
>> >
>> > it's quite hard to get visa to the US, at least for
>> > east-europeans...
>>

>> This is pure FUD. Tourists don't need visa, only people intending to
>> work (for money) or those staying for over 1 months [1]. Also,
>> terrorists, convicted criminals and people from the nazi regime are
>> inelligeble. I don't think any of this applies to a ffmpeg dev
>> visiting a conference.
>
> No, at least here in Czech Republic, we need visa in any case. It is
> usually not difficult to get one for a person with employment and
> no criminal records, but doing the paperwork is pain in the *ss and it
> also costs a few bucks.

Be that as it may, sticking to Europe still makes sense since most of
us live here.

Vienna and Budapest have been suggested, both of which are reasonable
logistically.  Does anyone have a contact in a university or other
suitable venue in either of these cities?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com