[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg "developers conference"

mike at multimedia.cx mike
Sun Jun 17 23:51:14 CEST 2007

> Hi,
>
> On 6/17/07, Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
>>
>> it's quite hard to get visa to the US, at least for east-europeans...
>

> This is pure FUD. Tourists don't need visa, only people intending to work
> (for money) or those staying for over 1 months [1]. Also, terrorists,
> convicted criminals and people from the nazi regime are inelligeble. I
> don't
> think any of this applies to a ffmpeg dev visiting a conference.

Actually, there are 27 special countries whose citizens don't need U.S.
tourist visas. Hungary is not one of those special countries. The list is
enumerated here:

  http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html

Oded went through this visa stuff last year and somehow made it into the
country anyway.

> IIRC most ffmpeg devs live in Europe, now that is a way more interesting
> reason to do it in Europe. :-).

Alex B. was suggesting that FFmpeg have a FOSDEM presence next February in
Brussels. I like Brussels. Good waffles.

--
    -Mike Melanson