[FFmpeg-devel] MPEG-2 Acceleration Refactor

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml
Mon Jun 18 05:11:01 CEST 2007

Greg Hulands wrote:
> Before I get flamed again, I have found the last of the cosmetic
> problems. Sorry for so many posts over the past couple of days.

You're trying; nobody ought to fault you much yet :).

>              }
> -            if (i > 63){
> -                av_log(s->avctx, AV_LOG_ERROR, "ac-tex damaged at %d %d\n", s->mb_x, s->mb_y);
> -                return -1;
> +            if (!fast) {
> +               if (i > 63){
> +                  av_log(s->avctx, AV_LOG_ERROR, "ac-tex damaged at %d %d\n", s->mb_x, s->mb_y);
> +                  return -1;
> +               }
>              }

This still counts as a cosmetic change. Don't get me wrong--the
increased indentation is desirable, but it belongs in a separate patch.
The above section should look like this, assuming I didn't mangle it by
hand-editing.

>              }
> +            if (!fast) {
>              if (i > 63){
>                 av_log(s->avctx, AV_LOG_ERROR, "ac-tex damaged at %d %d\n", s->mb_x, s->mb_y);
>                 return -1;
>              }

That way, it's obvious that the only functional change is the insertion
of two lines. Now or later on, you'd send another patch to fix the
indentation.

There's at least one other instance like this; I didn't check the patch
very thoroughly, and I bet you can find them better than I can now that
you know what to look for.

-Corey