[FFmpeg-devel] broken ts demuxer with rtp

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jun 18 22:06:26 CEST 2007

Hi

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 07:35:15PM +0200, matthieu castet wrote:
> matthieu castet wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >some rtsp stream are broken.
> >
> >After some invesigation, it seems it comes from the mpegts demuxer :
> >
> >The mpegts demuxer is feed with mpegts_read_packet function. But the pat
> >handler seem to be never set and the mpegts demuxer instead of parsing
> >the pat when it see pid 0, guess wrong things.
> >

> Something like the attached patch make the things work, but I believe we
> should set "ts->auto_guess = 1;" somewhere to handle stream without PAT/PMT.

hmm, first, why is the rtp code calling the mpegts demuxer directly at all?
failing to explain this id say fix the rtp code so it does not

second replace the words "broken", "some", "wrong things", ... by meaningfull
and detailed explanations

-- Albert Einstein