[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg "developers conference"

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Jun 18 22:54:28 CEST 2007

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 07:52:24PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> While were having a good time at LinuxTag recently, it occurred to
> someone that we wouldn't need LinuxTag just to have some fun.  The
> idea would be to pick a city and a weekend to meet up and discuss
> FFmpeg, do some coding, and eat and drink a bit.  To me it sounds like
> a great idea.
>
> If we want to do any coding in a sensible way, we'd need some room
> suitable for this.  I'm thinking it should be possible to get access
> to something at a university somewhere.  Perhaps some of our students
> have suggestions?
>
> The only other criterion for a city I can think is good air
> connections with our respective home towns (especially Southampton ;-)
>
> Who else likes this idea?

I like the idea, I proposed it at LinuxTag after all :)

Somewhere in Germany would likely be a good place given how central it
is and how many devs come from there.  Some sort of youth hostel or
similar lodging might also work fine.  We could take the repositories
with us for the weekend and set up a LAN if we really wanted ...

Diego