[FFmpeg-devel] offset playback trouble

Juan Manuel Lopez Baio jmbaio
Tue Jun 19 16:52:59 CEST 2007

Hello. I have an application that records a cable signal with mencoder, with
the following parameters:
acodec:mp3
vcodec: mpeg4
acompressor: lavc
vdriver:v4l2
vbitrate:200
abitrate:96
outputformat:mpeg
vsize:medium
vfps:25
Afterwards, there are occasions where I need to play this videos not from
the beginning but from a certain offset. To do this I use libavcodec library
to access and seek the media file, and send the proper content via http to a
vlc client. This doesn't seem to be working. vlc is getting a stream that
doesn't play anything.
I wonder if there is any special consideration regarding the container
format and/or codec, or anything I might be missing that should be taking
into account for this offset playback to work. Any thoughts on this are
welcome.
Thanks!

juan