[FFmpeg-devel] MPEG-2 Acceleration Refactor

Greg Hulands ghulands
Fri Jun 22 18:39:00 CEST 2007

Hi,
On 22/06/2007, at 5:59 AM, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

> 2007/6/22, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> [...]
>>
>> i am not saying how to solve this, the original intent was some
>> hardware
>> acceleration support for mpeg1/2 with specific hardware _IIRC_,
>> iam just
>>
>> saying how not to do it, which is
>> * no slowdown for the normal case
>> * no messy code which also means not replacing large functions by
>> large
>>   macros
>
> How about placing the new code under #ifdef HAVE_XVMC #endif and not
> bother refactoring the coefficient reading functions at all?
> In normal case it would not be defined, in other case hw acceleration
> would be used and it should be way faster:)
> Afaik they are going to do their own version of the key xvmc
> functions.

When Nigel first submitted the original patch that was how it was
done, but Michael had said it won't be accepted unless there was a
refactor of those methods. That is what this patch is for. But if it
is now considered not to be the best route is it going to be okay to
have the #idefs? I hope it is otherwise it is going to leave this at
an impasse.

Cheers,
Greg