[FFmpeg-devel] matching up SVN rev with ffmpeg version

Måns Rullgård mans
Sat Jun 23 13:55:19 CEST 2007

Stephan Assmus <superstippi at gmx.de> writes:

> Hi M?ns,
>
>> > is there an easy way to match a specific SVN revision of ffmpeg with a
>> > specific ffmpeg version? I need to get a hold of the code to
>> >
>> > FFmpeg0.4.9-pre1b4752
>>
>> I've never heard of such a version.  Do you have a precompiled FFmpeg
>> reporting itself as that version?
>
> Yes.
>
>> If yes, ask whomever you got it from for the source code.
>
> That's the problem, the person has since updated his code. I guess I will
> try my binary search svn checkout idea... :-\

Whoever gave you the binary is required to give you the source code
along with the binary or be able to supply it on request for three
years.

> It's just that I am on BeOS, and it is very hard to get ffmpeg to compile
> on that platform (gcc 2.95.3). For example, the current version gives an
> internal compiler error on h263.c and it seems I cannot turn off that codec
> with the configure script. (I have not tried to investigate this issue
> more.)

Have you considered updating your compiler?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com