[FFmpeg-devel] matching up SVN rev with ffmpeg version

Måns Rullgård mans
Sat Jun 23 14:31:17 CEST 2007

The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> writes:

> Stephan Assmus wrote:
>
>> Hi M?ns,

>>> I've never heard of such a version.  Do you have a precompiled
>>> FFmpeg reporting itself as that version?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> If yes, ask whomever you got it from for the source code.
>>
>> That's the problem, the person has since updated his code.
>
> And he doesn't remember how he decided what name to give the version he
> released?
>
>> I guess I will try my binary search svn checkout idea... :-\
>
> Better idea: try reading the version name. '0.4.9pre1' is an actual
> released FFmpeg version; it corresponds, according to the Changelog and
> 'svn annotate', to revision 3298. 4752 is after that, so I would think
> it very likely that it is the revision from which this was built.
> (Although, given that the source was modified to change the version
> number, there is no absolute guarantee that other changes were not made
> at the same time.)

It is more likely a revision in the range 4099--4160.  Back in those
days we were using CVS, but for those revisions avcodec.h defined
LIBAVCODEC_BUILD as 4752.  It's anyone's guess which version in that
range was used, and what other changes were made in addition to the
version number.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com