[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg source code is no longer C99 because of GNUism called case ranges

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Mon Jun 25 08:45:33 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 6/25/07, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs at sun.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I've always been very happy about the fact that ffmpeg's
> source code has been more or less C99. Well it seems that
> it is no longer the case and I just wanted to get your
> opinion on what should be done about it. The major GNUism
> that sneaked through is 'case ranges'. Things like:
>
>    switch (i) {
>       case 1 ... 100:
>               break;
>    }

Mmmm... Though I don't like product-specific language extensions, I
must admit it would be cool if this one was part of the standard.

> My question, of course, is -- would it be acceptable to make code C99
> compliant again at an expense of making it slightly less regular?

+1

--
Subversion has been the most pointless project ever started
  -- Linus Torvalds