[FFmpeg-devel] Color corruption and seeking errors with H264 disc sources

infernix infernix
Tue Jun 26 20:48:03 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I've gathered a few samples which show problems with todays ffmpeg and
mplayer SVN. I have uploaded these to
upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ffh264_issues/ and they are also
available at http://dx.infernix.net/ffh264/

- ffh264_issue1.m2ts and 2 are cut from a Bluray disc and exhibit red
and green colors in horizontal bands where they really should not.
Strangely enough, this occurs and ends on scene changes. Note that the
first few frames are corrupted due to it being a raw cut. I've
illustrated this problem here:
http://dx.infernix.net/ffh264/ffh264_issue1.png and this is reproducable
with ffplay and mplayer.

- ffh264_issue3.h264 gives greenish/purpleish colors in the skyline that
change every ~2 seconds. This is also incorrect and might be related to
the problem above. This is cut from a demuxed H264 stream off of a HDDVD
disc.

- ffh264_issue4.h264 gives a black block at about the 80th frame. This
file also gives seeking errors with ffplay and crashes mplayer when
seeking, but that might be unavoidable and unrelated.

All of the issues are tested with a 64bit build of ffmpeg and mplayer
svn. All the color issues also exist in a 32bits svn mplayer build dated
20060117, but seeking in issue3 and issue4 does not crash this older
build; it does give corrupted frames when seeking, though. I therefore
don't think that the recent changes for parallelization are related to
the color problem. I'm not sure about the seeking issue.

I would like to ask if someone can take a look at these issues and see
what the problem is, and whether if it can be fixed. :)

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

infernix