[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg.c/cmdutils.c compilation

Ivo ivop
Tue Jun 26 20:54:22 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 18:00, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 04:36:26PM +0200, Ivo wrote:
> >
> > Yes, it is. When I originally checked the sws_opts code in, I put it
> > under ifdef's (which later became the if() constructs) because the
> > "emulated" SwsContext was not a proper AVClass so it would segfault if
> > ffmpeg was compiled without swscaler support.
> >
> > I think the best way to fix all this is to extract all the av_picture
> > stuff out of imgconvert and remove the already deprecated
> > imgconvert/resample for good :)
>
> you mean finally removing imgconvert/resample and making sws default?
> or just removing the old API?

I meant the former, but the latter could be a good start as it forces
programs using lav* to use the sws api.

> iam fine with both but there are some who will not like the first as
> sws still contains some GPL code IIRC?

I thought only most of the SIMD code was GPL'd and the C framework/reference
code was LGPL, but I could be wrong and overlooked pieces of code.

In any case, even if it stays like it is now, I think it's a good idea to
move the av_picture and PixFmtInfo stuff into files of their own.

--Ivo