[FFmpeg-devel] Panasonic's AVCHD Video Format

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Wed Jun 27 10:53:27 CEST 2007

ASchubert at technip.com wrote:
>  Hi

Hi

>  Is it true that the ffmpeg team is working on a conversion engine to
>  convert AVCHD into a format that can be recognized / utilized by Mac
>  iMovie or iDVD?

this is more an ffmpeg-user question, anyway we are aware of the problem
of interlaced h264, but supporting it is a boring task, many people
thinks that interlacing should be actively deprecated and supporting the
feature increases an already huge codebase. In short it's unlikely that
you'll get this feature in a short timeframe. You may have better luck
trying to configure your camera so it won't produce interlaced content.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC