[FFmpeg-devel] rough PATCH: reducing the memory copies

Marc Hoffman mmhoffm
Wed Jun 27 15:28:58 CEST 2007

On 6/27/07, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi
>
> you always push, also the code is buggy it starts capture into the very
> buffer which you return IIRC
> and adding a function to the public interface is not something we do
> quickly before the holiday, even less so if its just to avoid 2 lines of
> code in grab.c

I don't think this code starts to capture into the same buffer you return.
If the number of frames the v4l driver is 1 then I agree with your
assessment but it has more than 1.  The way the driver is suppose to work is
that it rotates through the set of buffers in a circular fashion probably
ping pong.  So that this can never happen.  Correct me if you think this not
true or this is only how Blackfin video4linux works.