[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] QT RLE encoder, bis

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jun 29 23:42:39 CEST 2007

Hi

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 08:01:22PM +0200, Alexis Ballier wrote:
[...]
> +/**
> + * Computes the best RLE sequence for a line
> + */
> +static void qtrle_encode_line(QtrleEncContext *s, AVFrame *p, int line, uint8_t **buf)
> +{
> +    int width=s->avctx->width;
> +    int i;
> +    signed char rlecode;
> +
> +    /* We will use it to compute the best bulk copy sequence */
> +    uint8_t bulkcount;
> +    /* This will be the number of pixels equal to the preivous frame one's
> +     * starting from the ith pixel */
> +    uint8_t skipcount;
> +    /* This will be the number of consecutive equal pixels in the current
> +     * frame, starting from the ith one also */
> +    uint8_t repeatcount;

these should be int or unsigend int not uint8_t, which might be very slow on
RISC architectures which lack 8bit registers/operations besides load/store

patch looks ok except this

-- Albert Einstein