[FFmpeg-devel] MMX accelerated DSP functions for VC1/WMV3 decoders

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Sat Jun 30 17:01:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 6/30/07, Christophe GISQUET <christophe.gisquet at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the attached patch provides some mmx functions (pshuw from mmx2 would
> only marginally be faster) for those decoders. They could also be used
> in the encoder, but I didn't bother with this, as there are probably
> people more fit than me to accommodate this with the build system.
>
> Tests and benchmarks were performed on
> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/WMV9/highdef/Robotica_720.wmv
>
> I have tested decoding accuracy with a cmp (as I don't know nor plan to
> introduce this in the regression tests), and used the following command
> to measure speed/profile:
> ./ffmpeg -benchmark -i Robotica_720.wmv -an -f rawvideo -y /dev/null

[..]

I'm not the maintainer of this area, so all I can say is please add
doxygen-compatible comments before the macros, and please keep the
indentation of the '\' at the end of macros consistent (there's at
least on that isn't indented correctly).

Guillaume

--
Subversion has been the most pointless project ever started
  -- Linus Torvalds