[Ffmpeg-devel] alsa input / output

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Mar 21 10:01:59 CET 2007

Hi Clemens,

Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Luca Abeni wrote:
>> The code currently uses alsalib, because I did not find any
>> documentation about how to directly access raw alsa devices.
>
> That interface is undocumented, and you'd lose all userspace plugins.
Yes, I realized that the interface is unfortunately undocumented :(

Anyway, direct alsa access was just a random idea of mine; I tried to do
it just for fun...
If I had known in advance that my post was going to generate a flame on
ffmpeg-devel, I would have skipped the part about direct alsa access :)

				Luca