[Ffmpeg-devel] BlackFin lowlevel pixel operations PATCH

Marc Hoffman mmh
Tue Mar 27 04:52:04 CEST 2007

Rich Felker writes:
 > On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 10:00:39PM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
 > >
 > > This is the a set of video optimization for the Blackfin processor it
 > > includes most of the low level pixel operations.
 >
 > Is there a reason you're using .S files? Generally gcc inline asm is
 > preferred in order to avoid OS/ABI issues like function naming, binary
 > format, section names, etc.
 >
 > Rich

I guess the reason I choose .S is for debug-ability and maintenance if
I thought this work should be C I would have made it that. However you
can't debug these codes too well as inline asm.  I do agree that it
would be nice if I could have made these just straight C however much
like the ARM and ALPHA ports there is a place for straight assembler.

I/we really need to be able to debug this down to the last detail and
in C its just obfuscated too much.

Marc