[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] Crash when providing -coder ac parameter

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Mar 30 16:05:01 CEST 2007

Hi

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 08:09:21PM +0800, Limin Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Kamil Nowosad <k.nowosad at students.mimuw.edu.pl> [2007-03-29 18:32:45 +0200]:
>
> > On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 05:04:09PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > no fix the parser so it doesnt crash, anyway i faintly remember seeing
> > > a patch for ac crash some time ago, wasnt it applied? didnt it fix the
> > > issue?
> >
> > I had the same problem and wrote about it on the list
> > [http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2007-March/025812.html].
> > However, my patch has not been applied.
>
> The problem is everything is fine in the eye of the user, but in fact, it'll
> hide the fact that -coder ac haven't let ffmpeg user ac coder as user's
> expecting.

really? why?

i thought the new code should fail to select the audio channels ac when
searching for the coder type and select the arithmetic coder ac ...
havnt checked though ....

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be. -- Socrates