[FFmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel] SVN dump

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed May 2 20:27:09 CEST 2007

Hi

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 08:12:32PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
[...]
> The main parts in a git commit are
> 1) A commit message and timestamp
> 2) Complete file paths/contents/modes of the repository, basically
> everything determining what a checkout of this single revision looks
> like
> 3) A list of references to "parent" commits. A normal single commit has
> one parent (the previous HEAD of the branch when the commit was made),
> merges can have several.
>
> And that's all that is stored in the history. How to interpret the
> history for things such as "annotate" is completely up to the frontend
> used.

i dont care at all what git stores, what i care about is that if i copy
a file with the appropriate commands then
git blame <whatever switches are needed>
should show me the complete and proper annotate output
theres no excuse that git cant find the parent file as in that case they
have the same md5 ...
and for subsequent changes the files are in the same location and have the
same name so again theres no problem with finding it ...

In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.
-- Diogenes of Sinope