[FFmpeg-devel] Optimizations for Cell Broadband Engine

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Mon May 7 22:44:41 CEST 2007

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Let's not forget: split code so that you can feed the SPUs with all
> the different parts of the computation, paying extra attention to the
> size of the working set (SPUs have access to only their local memory,
> there's no shared memory, at least, to the best of my knowledge).

Note II: the spu local store is for data AND code, so make sure you
dimension correctly both ^^

> Not easy to optimize for Cell....

(to make it rough you first write for altivec and then you chop the code
and feed it to as many spus as you can)

lu - and we hadn't touched the dma issue yet...

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero