[FFmpeg-devel] Special optimization for PS3 Cell processor

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Wed May 9 21:36:05 CEST 2007

Sakur wrote:
> Really thanks for your help.  I am using the ffmpeg library  packed in
> gst-ffmpeg source,not knowing if it's the latest.  Could you inform me
> where is "vmxspu.h" located ? :)

vmx2spu.h

gcc-4.3 headers. (spu compiler)

> Very Sorry for the misleading. I mean avi docoding is  for AVI-xvid movie
> file streaming :).  It was a  test by another Gentoo guy, not rememberring

Hadn't tested mpeg4 decoding, I assume the bottleneck would be the video
out, not the decoding...

> Another question.  Does the latest CVS version contain workable spu support
> already.

If you meant ffmpeg, we use subversion not cvs. There isn't any code
working for spu out of box and no build system support for it yet.

> Any other things could I do to contribute for ffmpeg on Cell? Cell
> is a nice processor to program on.

Please start reading the code and try to thinks way to make it more
threaded for Cell (and Sun's T1/T2) while keeping it single thread for
system with less core availability, that is probably the hardest part.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC