[FFmpeg-devel] Profiling the library

Thorsten Jordan tjordan
Thu May 10 12:55:27 CEST 2007

Hello,

here at my company we are using ffmpeg/h264 for decoding some HDTV
streams. Some HD broadcasts have changed their encoder since tuesday,
leading to higher CPU usage.
I want to measure where CPU time is spent and thus profile the library.

But with standard optimization many functions get inlined and its
difficult to see exactly where CPU usage is high. Disabling
Optimizations will change profiling results on the other hand.

Can you give me a recommendation? Profile rather with -O0 or not? Thanks

--
Regards, Thorsten