[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpegs future version control system

Måns Rullgård mans
Thu May 10 13:13:53 CEST 2007

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 9 May 2007 02:51:34 +0200
>> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>>
>>> i would like to change ffmpeg from svn to git
>>
>> Ok.
>>
>>> * no more need for repository backups
>>
>> That we'll have to do anyways. And be it just for the
>> consistency of our backup policy.
>>
>>> how does my plan look like:
>>> well first we need to find a reliable, fast and free server with a very
>>> fast network connection for ffmpeg-git
>>> ive not yet googled to see which sourceforge/savanna like providers are
>>> available for git so comments would be welcome here ...
>>>
>>> it would also be great if ffmpeg-git could be hosted on mphq, roots?
>>
>> That's what we have mphq for.
>> Although i have to say that i'm quite busy this month and
>> away most of june. So i hope M?ns or Diego will work on it.
>
> I should have the time to start looking into it tonight.

There is now a git repo at git://git.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg tracking
FFmpeg svn.  A gitweb interface is at http://git.mplayerhq.hu/.
I will try to get git-http and cvs access working tonight.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com