[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpegs future version control system

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu May 10 15:41:46 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 02:08:47PM +0100, Robert Swain wrote:
> And the resulting size of the checkouts:
> git: 29,772,212 bytes
> svn: 24,744,298 bytes
>
> Though I think I am to understand that the git checkout contains the
> entire history, and the svn checkout does not, right?

Yes, though it should be noted that this is the size of a packed git
repository (git clone at least via the git protocol always gives a
packed one, git-svn does not). An unpack repository would be several 100
MB large, in case of MPlayer > 600 MB. Luckily I found out that
git-repack can be run even while git-svn is still downloading, which is
the only way to use git-svn if you have a quota of only 200 MB or so.

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger