[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpegs future version control system

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Fri May 11 01:59:01 CEST 2007

On Fri, 11 May 2007 01:39:17 +0200
Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > If anyone knows a way to merge those into one I'm all ears.
> >

> use git-svn to import ffmpeg and swscale in separate branches, adjust
> the paths in swscale with git mv, git merge.

I think it won't work. If you checkout an older version of the tree, it
won't contain libswscale, and thus it won't compile.

I think the right way to do it is to convert ffmpeg and libswscale
respository up to the date where the libswscale external was added,
then pull both in the same repo and merge both branches. That is
the easy part. After this, you should import all subsequent commit
from both tree, interleaved on the master branch (and no, I have
no idea how to do this).

Aurel