[FFmpeg-devel] flashsvenc.c path - fix ability to handle negative linesize

Jason Askew jason.askew
Sun May 13 01:40:06 CEST 2007

M?ns Rullg?rd -
> It's useful to think of it as data[0] pointing to the top-left pixel,
> wherever it is in the buffer.  Adding linesize takes you one line down
> in the image, and so on.

Useful, but also not true in this case.  The formula
data[y*linesize+x] holds valid, but in this case the memcpy fails
because the pointer isn't pointing at the start of the memory buffer.
Navigation and copying code must compensate for it.

[...]