[FFmpeg-devel] Issue with Capture between SVN -r8222 and SVN -r8634

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu May 17 13:04:15 CEST 2007

Hi,

Nikns Siankin wrote:
[...]
>> Tried -tvstd - had no effect
> make sure you set -tvstd in the BEGINNING in command line.
> this is some stupid undocumented behaviour, that isn't self
> intuitive for normal users.
About the "stupid" adjective, everyone is free to have his own
opinions... But "undocumented" seems to be wrong. Quoting the ffmpeg
documentation page (http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg-doc.html):
 > The generic syntax is:
 >
 > ffmpeg [[infile options][`-i' infile]]... {[outfile options] outfile}...
 >
 > As a general rule, options are applied to the next specified file.
 > Therefore, order is important, and you can have the same option on
the > command line multiple times. Each occurrence is then applied to the
So, I would not call this an "undocumented behaviour".

				Luca