[FFmpeg-devel] Some patches for v4l2 defaults

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu May 17 14:08:48 CEST 2007

Hi all,

right now, ffmpeg always tries to set the video standard (default: NTSC)
and the video input (default: 0) when capturing v4l2 video.

After applying the attached patches, ffmpeg will set video standard and
input only if explicitly requested, leaving them as they are by default.

default_video_standard.diff: sets video_standard default to NULL, which
means "do not set a video standard (use the currently set one)"

dv1394_support_default_channel.diff: since "0" is a valid video input
number for v4l2, "-1" will become the default meaning "do not set the
video channel (use the currently set one)". This patch adjusts dv1394.c
to cope with "channel == -1"

default_channel.diff: set the default channel to -1.

These patches are by Limin Wang, I just split and slightly modified them.

I think default_video_standard.diff should be pretty safe, and I'll
apply it on monday if noone objects. For
dv1394_support_default_channel.diff, I'd like to have the ok from the DV
maintainer, and I'll apply default_channel.diff as soon as
dv1394_support_default_channel.diff will be in.

			Thanks,
				Luca