[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg-devel Digest, Vol 26, Issue 194

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik
Fri May 18 13:30:40 CEST 2007

On Friday, 18 May 2007 at 12:25, Mike Martin wrote:

> >Please don't include headers from the message you are replying to.
>
> Sorry - as I'm replying to digest kept those in for clarity, just
> realised a bit silly

Well, the result was a totally unreadable mail, exactly opposite of what
you intended.

> > On Thu, 17 May 2007, Luca Abeni wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Mike Martin wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> As per ffmpeg's manual, "-tvstd" wants a parameter:
> >>  > `-tvstd standard'
> >>  >    Set television standard (NTSC, PAL (SECAM)).
> >> So, try
> >> ./ffmpeg -tvstd PAL -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0 ...
> >> (instead of "PAL", use the name of the video standard you want to
> set.
> >> It must be a video standard name recognised by the v4l2 driver)
> >
> > For v4l2, valid formats are 'PAL-BG', 'SECAM-L', 'NTSC-M', etc.  Just
> > plain PAL or NTSC isn't enough.
> >
> > It might be nice to make NTSC an alias for NTSC-M and PAL an alias for
> > PAL-BG.
>
> >Please prefix quoted lines with a >
>
> sorry brain-dead mailer

Use one that's not brain-dead then.

[snip-footer]
> > I believe this takes the prize for longest senseless footer ever.
>
> agreed - not much I can do about it though

Yes, you can. Use a different mail account.

IOW: there's no excuse for not following the basic netiquette. Please
either follow it or accept that your mails will be ignored and might
eventually be banned if you persist.

Regards,
R.

--