[FFmpeg-devel] New format: Monkey's Audio Codec (ape)

Louise Hoffman louise.hoffman
Fri May 18 18:25:14 CEST 2007

> You may be vaguely interested to read: http://codecs.multimedia.cx/?p=50
>
> As far as I know, no one has yet stepped up to write it, but maybe
> Kostya will later. I think at the moment he's probably focussing on
> RV40 (a.k.a. RealVideo 9/10/...?).

Okay, so what you are saying is, that there is not a very strong pull
to implement it because it is not version compatible?

I recall once trying to decode an ape file where the decode was too
old, and it failed. As long as it fails and doesn't decode it wrong,
would it be possible to detect for compatibility?

Or is it a matter of always have the latest decoder (into ffmpeg)?

> Hugs? Well, you're friendly. :) Maybe you could set a bounty on the
> implementation in hugs. ;)

I think something could be worked out =)

Hugs =)
Louise