[FFmpeg-devel] flashsvenc.c - sampling block size too low

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri May 18 21:59:05 CEST 2007

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 09:48:05PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 10:28:32AM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
> > Luca Barbato wrote:
> > >
> > > We (people with account) can edit, just
> > > spammers/$randompeoplethatdidn'taskforanaccount doesn't

> > > In short: no. =/
> >
> > Well, maybe. Our Wiki version is down-rev a bit (1.6 series; 1.10 is now
> > out). There might be better anti-spam mechanisms now (though good luck
> > on finding docs for them). There are always CAPTCHAs. But as the
> > principle editor of the Wiki, I don't think I would like those.

What's your beef with CAPTCHAs?

> hmm, i would have expected more from the anti spam features of wikipedia
> and from the ffmpeg developers, that is you are defeated by a bunch of
> scripts written by spammers
> its not that these should be particularely difficult to detect IMO

It's no fun at all and obviously an arms race...

That said, I have managed to reduce spamming on a phpbb forum by adding
a custom "I am not a spammer checkbox" at account creation.

Diego