[FFmpeg-devel] flashsvenc.c - sampling block size too low

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sat May 19 20:25:01 CEST 2007

On 18 May 2007, at 15:25, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 03:11:03PM +0200, Ivo wrote:

>>> i would have if i knew the url, but i dont, the file was just laying
>>> around on my hd and google points to a page with licensing toilet
>>> paper
>>> and i out of principle dont touch such so i cannot confirm that the
>>> file you might or might not find after that would match mine
>>
>> I have added the following page:
>>
>> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=SWF
>
> Is SWF different from FLV?
>
> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Flash_Video

As far as I'm aware, FLV is just some format that can use any of the
flash codecs. SWF is the full flash capability with animations and
stuff. For example, a SWF file could be an entire navigable website
including 'pages' containing video player guis capable of streaming FLV.

I've long been waiting for someone to attempt an entire desktop
environment in flash. Not because it's a good idea, but I think it
would be amusing to see.

Rob