[FFmpeg-devel] Building C++ Application with ffmpeg SVN rev 9083

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Tue May 22 17:13:49 CEST 2007

Clemens Fischer wrote:
> I have used ffmpeg SVN rev 5457 (static libraries) with my C++
> Application for almost a year and thougth it might be a great idea to
> use the (almost) latest SVN revision (9083).
> The first issue I came across was "INT64_C" which I could solve by
> adding "-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS" to STDCCFLAGS so I can successfuly
> compile my C++ applications - but linking fails with undefined
> references to all ffmpeg functions  I use in my source code.
>
> The libraries I link against are in place and using "nm" shows that
> these libraries are OK and exporting all the funtions my code references
> and using plain C I can use the libraries (find below a C and C++ test
> to reproduce my problem).

[snip]

The extern "C" clauses have been recently removed from all ffmpeg header
files. You now have to put them around #include "avcodec.h" et al. yourself.

Greetings,
--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director