[FFmpeg-devel] the future of fastmemcpy.h

Alex Beregszaszi alex
Tue May 22 22:15:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

> > > Ronald brought up the subject of the fastmemcpy.h #includes that we
> > > continue to have in a few source files.  fastmemcpy.h is part of
> > > MPlayer and not FFmpeg.  Is the #include just old cruft or worth
> > > keeping?
> > >

> > I thought today about moving fastmemcpy into libavutil.
>
> What about licensing? Fastmemcpy is GPL, isn't it?

We already have GPL code in FFMpeg, which is enabled only when
--enable-gpl is specified. Also making fastmemcpy optional won't be a
problem, as it is optional currently too.

Should I try preparing a patch?

Also in long term we could try asking fastmemcpy authors for LGPL
licensing. Big part of it was written by Michael anyway (agpcopy).

--
Alex Beregszaszi