[FFmpeg-devel] RTSP from Tv-card with ffmpeg (looking for developer)

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Thu May 24 08:55:14 CEST 2007

--- Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:

> Hi Piero,
>
> Piero Bugoni wrote:
> >> 2) ensuring that ffserver can stream RTP from a
> live
> >> feed. It should
> >> work, but I never tried...
> >>
> > Tested:
> > It appears to. For an ffserver setup already in
> place,
> > this command:
> > mplayer rtsp://<ffserver-machine>:8090/test1.flv
> I am curious to know how this can work... AFAIK, flv
> over RTP is not
> supported by any standard (and is not supported by
> libavformat / ffserver).
> So, the fact that this command does not fail looks
> like a bug... What's
> the entry in your ffserver configuration file?

This was a mistake. I only tried it as far as to see
if mplayer could establish a connection with ffserver,
and at least try to receive data by using an rtsp://
URL. I followed this one up a little later with
another post.

I will be digging into this one more tomorrow. (It is
0252 EDT right now, and sleep-time).

I was more interested in seeing whether or not
ffserver actually answered up at all on such a
request, and what its response was, as opposed to
actually viewing a video, so I only tested as far as
to see if it would connect at all.

I think the requester however does not want to use
ffserver, but ffmpeg directly to his DSS server, like
so:

Camera--->Tvcard--->ffmpeg--->DSS

And someone to develop for this, for adaptive
bitrates, etc.

P.