[FFmpeg-devel] Can't use libvorbis_encoder, due to name mismatch oggvorbis/libvorbis

Nicolas George nicolas.george
Thu May 24 13:20:33 CEST 2007

Le duodi 2 prairial, an CCXV, Aurelien Jacobs a ?crit?:
> > I think the renaming to libvorbis some time ago left this behind.
> You're right. Fixed.

Does it mean that it is possible to do

	ffmpeg -acodec vorbis

and encode with the lavc internal encoder, and to do

	ffmpeg -acodec libvorbis

and encode with the Xiphophorus encoder?

It does not seem so: as far as I understand the code, it would be necessary
to (1) activate libvorbis in allcodecs.c, and (2) use a different codec ID
for vorbis and libvorbis (or change the lookup system). Am I right?

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George