[FFmpeg-devel] Bounties?

Justin ffmpeg
Thu May 24 15:16:56 CEST 2007

Well, I'm shocked at how many conversations have happened while I've
been asleep.

The message was supposed to bring on more of a discussion about
implementing bounties, but I'm glad to have spurred the conversation
about adding presets for all devices -- there was one comment about
iPods being a fad -- but even if that's true, there's dozens of
portable players that would benefit from a conversion tool like
ffmpeg -- portable media players aren't going to disappear anytime
soon.

As for making an iPod the bounty...  iPods are hard to split amongst
teams, where as cash is at least somewhat divisible.  I wouldn't be
against the idea though.

It sounds like the idea of accepting bounties in order to prioritize
development tasks is acceptable to the majority of folks who've
responded -- the next question is...  Is there a pre-existing
community that handles this?  I know that
http://www.bountycounty.org/ is in operation, but it doesn't appear
to be updated very frequently.  (Last post in 2006.)  Can someone
recommend a service that administrates this, or do I just go and make
a Paypal 'tip jar' and administrate it myself?

-JD.